Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Drexel Hill are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of your filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning in Drexel Hill can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 610-257-7035 and stay comfortable this summer.