Having routine air conditioning service done at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Drexel Hill summer, have the professionals at O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning perform your routine air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than unlawfully discharging it to the air.
- Inspect for correct airflow through the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it habitually. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning today at 610-257-7035.