Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it running well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the Drexel Hill colder months. If you already called O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning for your annual service, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Give us a call at 610-257-7035 to get one scheduled.
There are lots of straightforward things you can do in between professional maintenance to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it functioning in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters often and clean or change them when suggested. This is such a simple way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and uphold top efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are accessible for ideal airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work more and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Be sure your supply and return registers are exposed and clear.
- If plants have sprouted up near your outdoor unit or clutter has collected, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat frequently to confirm that it’s functioning properly. Merely turn it on and slowly raise the temperature setting until your heat pump flips on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more thoughts on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our professionals, call O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning at 610-257-7035 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!