As springtime begins, you may be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Drexel Hill? Even if your cooling system is recently installed or was working good last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any work for it, such as getting new oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your unit checked annually by a O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning pro can help spot small problems before they turn into major meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a specialist to take care of complicated internal components.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard debris that build up in your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a higher utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it last for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy bill and over the long run, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps identify little problems before they become large, costly issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine parts and carry out a cycle of AC performance tests. These detailed processes often allow us to find issues before they turn into big issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free operation throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your unit is vulnerable to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the ensuing locations and components:
- Full system condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Right Away with O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning
Now is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning pros a shout at 610-257-7035 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your house, make sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your next service.