With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at top efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could significantly heighten your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning expert do air conditioning service
at least yearly is key to keeping your system working efficiently for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is working properly and can identify possible issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
During the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or having home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also be sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at O'Brien Heating & Air Conditioning a call at [[phonenumber]].